Coming up next- Christmas Carnival with tiny tots of Shemrock Heritage.Join in the celebration on 23rd December. For more details Nishant at 9811725067.
Sapney invites you to its upcoming event on Saturday, 4th January,2014 at Rohini sector 18. More details coming soon. To volunteer please call (Nishant) 9811725067.
After being part of NGO for almost 8 years, we have discovered a way by which a NGO can be run without monetary funds. Yes ! you can help people without much money as well. We are mentioning the ways which are more applicable to child welfare NGO, but most of these will be applicable to other formats as well.
Here are a few things that can be done:
1. Teach for free
2. Ask for donations in kind rather than cash. People are more comfortable about bringing 100 notebooks on their own as compared to paying for 20 notebooks in cash.
3. Ask your members to donate old toys and clothes. Also insist them to ask their neighbors (specially if they have growing children)
4. Use social media for campaigning, marketing and communication. It gives wider reach and is less expensive than printing.
5. For your cash requirements, you can collaborate with some school, college, institution for their monthly stock of old newspapers. After selling this scrap you can have good amount of money.
6. Sell photographs from your events to members. Members are sure to buy pics of their good deeds. Book it before getting it printed by showing pics on screen.
7. Collaborate with preschools/schools for donations of toys and old clothes from children on special occasions like Diwali or Christmas. You can also conduct a small event in school for acknowledging their support.
8. Ask friends for their services rather than paying for it. Some of your friends are sure to have passion for photography and good cameras. Invite them over and ask them to click good moments. Like wise a designer in your group might help you for designing good posters.
9. Be honest in your approach. Accept money only if you need it and spend it wisely.
10. Be as transparent as you can and people will be more than willing to contribute. People like making efforts to bring stuff themselves rather than just just giving money and not knowing what happened to it. Make best efforts to call people to events you conduct so that they can experience joy of giving and feel proud.
Mother’s are god personified. Sapney celebrated mothers week on facebook and got a huge response for the same. Thanks to all the friends for liking and commenting on the posts. See how friends of Sapney played role of mother in various events. These are just a few incidents which came to our knowledge and there are many more of such kind. Each event carries a lot many stories and touching moments like these and we will love to highlight all of them .Please share your stories by mailing the same on email@example.com and we will make sure we share your moment of joy as well.
Join in the celebrations at www.facebook.com/sapney
Venue: MCD School Mundka, 10 minutes walk from from Mundka metro station
Time: 4th May’ 2013 from 10 AM to 12 PM
For more information please visit our facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/sapney
We will love to have you there. We assure that you will love it !
One more time team of Shemrock schools from Delhi opened their heart for little friends of Sapney by donating bags full of toys and clothes. We received the goodies from their team on the event of Christmas.
Last year also, we received wishes from Shemrock team in form of clothes and toys. The event was covered in print media by national daily “The Hindu”. The event also got featured in “Jagran”. Here is the link for the same: http://cityplus.jagran.com/city-buzz/christmas-with-needy_1325494815.html
We thank the entire team of Shemrock and Shemford school for supporting the cause and we wish them progress and prosperity in all their endeavors.
Lat year we utilized the clothes and toys which were donated at event organised in slum area of Saraswati Vihar. The event Smiles 2012:) received lot of praise and response in terms of members attendance. But this time we have received even bigger lot of clothes and toys so we really need to scale up our efforts for bigger event. Since we already have lot of stuff to donate, the only thing we ask from you is your support in spreading word about Sapney and your blessings at the time of event. More than anything else, what inspires us the most is the large number of people at the event.
Thanks for your time and love for Sapney. Love children and stay blessed !
One more day added to the celebrations of our lives. One more event of Sapney where we had smiles all around us and we were smiling as well. Many smiles added to the faces of kids who enjoyed the event and many more dreams fulfilled with small effort of Sapney Team.
If you missed it by chance, here is the details of what happened on 6th Of October, 2012 at Saraswati Vihar Slum area.
Painted with Love
We actually started off a bit early this time, by getting the venue painted a few days before the event. The venue was not in a very nice condition when we first visited the place a week before the event. It was full of damp marks , paint falling off the walls and bricks were clearly visible through the washed off paint. The blackboard too was not in condition where on the teacher could write a word. With the efforts and contribution of the members we were able to get the venue painted for Rs 3500 by Bhagvan Das Ji, who is the resident of same slum area. In this peak time before Diwali any painter would have asked Rs 5000-6000 for the task, but we could somehow negotiate with the person who painted, as 3 of his kids were also studying at the center. The teacher, Mrs Shashi Ji was a great help in helping us contact the painter. She also contributed in getting the venue painted by being there at the venue when the work was on, and scheduling the classes accordingly. All the members who were there appreciated the paint job being done.
We made it magical. Literally !
Yes, its true that we created magic this time which, the kids and the members are sure to remember for long time. The magician Mr Mahesh was star of the show. He was so cooperative and engaging . He made sure that all the kids participated in making magic happen. He asked for Rs 1700 for a show of 30 minutes. Whenever he performed a trick, kids exclaimed by saying a very poetic, waoooooow. He taught kids a simple tissue paper magic, which was a learning for us as well. Thanks to Rhythm Jain and Abhishek Dhingra for contributing and making magic happen.
This time we had lots of stuff to give. So much so that the kids were actually finding it tough to carry it while going home ( We helped and made sure nothing felt off their little hands). While leaving the venue the kids had a bright colored packed toy, clothes suitable to their age and gender, a notebook, crayon colors, a pencil, a pack of chips and a lot of memories to cherish. The stuff was contributed by Shemrock Play School ( Pitampura ), Anjali Gupta, Aman Deep Singla, Megha Gupta, Sumit Chawla,Bhawna Aneja, Yukti Tuli, Vabhav Wadhavan, Pallavi Tandon, Megha Chitkara. (Please let us know if somehow we have missed any name.)
This is not the end as there is lot more to it. Thanks to Pooja Aggarwal for contributing the blackboard / whiteboard which will help kids learn in better way. To further decorate the walls of the center, kanika Kalra had charts of “parts of body”, “animals”, “ABC” and “Hindi alphabets”.I must mention here that Kanika have been playing much bigger role at the events ever since. Kanika along with Anshu, Priyanka, Bhavna, Megha Gupta, Sumit Chawla started interacting with kids and made them dance, laugh, share jokes, poems and had a blast. Thanks to Sumit Chawla, Ankit Mittal, Aadhar, Bhawna and Sunny for clicking lovely pics and capturing the magic moments in their cameras.
Here is the details of the cost incurred for the event:
Painting the venue:Rs 3500
Magician: Rs 1700
Blackboard, chalks and wall charts: Rs 400
Packing papers: Rs 60
Other contributions were:
Crayon colors, Notebooks, Pencils, pencil boxes, chips, clothes, toys,chocolates,cash and lots of smiles…
Cash contributions were given by:
Megha Gupta, Sakshi & Ankit Mittal, Anukul, Bhavna, Priya Ranjan, Rajan Gaur, Anukul
Contributions in form of gifts were given by:
Vaibhav Wadhawan, Yukti Tuli, Pallavi Tandon, Anjali Gupta, Amita Pasricha, Megha Chitkara, Shemrock Playschool,
Thanks to following people for attending the event.
Mr. Vaibhav Wadhavan
Mr. Aadhar Girotra
Ms. Kanika Kalra
Mr. Rajan Gaur
Mr. Sanjeev Singh
Master. Samarth Singh
Mr. Sumit Chawla
Ms. Megha Gupta
Ms. Yukti Tuli
Ms. Anjali Gupta
Mr. Ankit Mittal
Ms. Sakshi Mittal
Mr. Anukul Kumar
Ms. Pallavi Tandon
Ms. Bhawna Aneja
Mr. Aman Deep Singla
Ms. Priyanka Singh
Ms. Veena Garg
Ms. Saroj rastogi
Ms. Usha Sharma
Ms. Kanchan Singal
Mr. Sudarshan Bansal
Mr. Rajnaresh Singh
Ms. Poonam Bhardwaj
Ms. Neera Mahendran
Mr. Gulshan Sapra
Ms. Veena Sapra
Ms. Anshu Sapra
Mr. Nishant Sapra
Special Thanks to Mrs. Neera Mahendra, Mrs. veena Garg, Ms. Shashi from Sewa Bharti for making the event happen.
If we have missed out any name or any acknowledgement for the contributions, please mail the same to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 9811725067. We tried our best to cover each and every detail of the event, however if you find any discrepancy, please bring the same to our notice, and we will make sure we correct the same instantly.
Thank you everyone for being the part of Sapney Charitable Trust.
Sapney Charitable Trust welcome you all to SMILES 🙂 2012.
Let us celebrate childhood one more time by gifting children the gifts of smiles, clothes toys and memories wrapped in boxes of love and time. Come together this 6th of October to celebrate the afternoon filled with joyful moments, and lots of children. Thanks to the kids of Shemrock School, who donated clothes and toys last Christmas to Sapney Charitable Trust. We will be passing these toys and clothes to those who can wear them and play with them We are also thankful to the individual contributors who have contributed with stuffs to donate.
time: 1:30 PM
Venue: Sewa Bhart Institute near Saraswati Vihar. We will soon upload the map and directions for ease of commuting.
Remarks: The place is small but full of children, maybe in tight gullies of slums but good enough for children to dance and receive your love and care. No fancy arrangements for car parking or food, but a lot of food for soul and ample of space to park a lot of memories and smiles in your heart. Will love to see you there.
If you wish to contribute for the cause and future events, you can do the same in ways more than one.
1. Bring in your good cameras and click beautiful pics, spread the love and message by sharing the pics and telling more people about Sapney.
2. Do attend the event, with lots of your friends and family members. More the merrier
3. When you come along, make sure you bring atleast one old toy or dress from your cabinet for children to wear or play. If you do not have kids at home, do not hesitate to ask your neighbors, friends or relatives for it. One cloth per member can actually mean hundreds of clothes added to the pool Ain’t it great. I tried searching and I found 4 clothes of my school days still lying in my cabinet.
4. You can sponsor a magician for kids. We can call a magician to entertain the children at the day of event. Normally a magician costs Rs 2000 fora show of 30 minutes.
5. You can contribute in cash for which you will be getting receipt. The cash will be used for conducting future events in much better way and on frequent intervals.
None of the above points is mandatory, but even if you opt for one of them for this event, it will mean a lot. The best way to be committed to the cause is to announce your contribution. Comment on our facebook page or blog with your choice of contribution and we will be happy and grateful to acknowledge it. You may also commit your contribution by sending SMS to 9811725067 or by sending us an email at email@example.com
Love, Sapney Charitable Trust
We are in final stage of deciding website name for sapney : sapney.org.in or sapneycharitabletrust.org
please comment “A” for or sapney.org.in and “B” for sapneycharitabletrust.org
You can also post your comments at http://www.facebook.com/sapney
Thanks for all your support!